Holiday-Themed Cocktails to Shake Things Up!
It’s easy to indulge this holiday season no matter how busy you are with Cookie Cocktails! A holiday season known for good friends, family and food, so here’s a twist on tradition and turn your favorite holiday cookies into crafty cocktails and palate pleasers says PJ.
We’re picking one of these libations for our Christmas morning! How about you?
1. Cinnamon Churro Leche: Tres Generaciones Reposado Tequila and the flavors of vanilla and cinnamon are shaken with milk. This recipe was inspired by Chef Juan Barrios at the Omni San Diego Hotel. Add a churro fried until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, coat in cinnamon sugar and fill the inside with cajeta, vanilla cream or a chocolate hazelnut spread. Yum yum!
2. Chocolate Crinkle Surprise: Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey is joined by chocolate syrup, milk and the rich flavor of toasted almonds. A liquid holiday cookie of choice! Add the classic crinkle cookies, with rich, fudgy chocolate inside and the crisp outside dusted with powdered sugar. A perfect combination of texture and flavor with a vanilla ice cream! Created by Chef Leen Kim at the OMNI Homestead Resort, Virginia.
3. The Sugar Cookie Cocktail with Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Disaronno Amaretto, vanilla and agave nectar shaken together with milk. Head to Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Hotel for this special sugar cookie-inspired libation and thank Chef Desmond Queen for this one! No guessing on what cookie goes with this one! (see video below for this recipe!)
4. Maple Pecan Old Fashioned: Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon meets the flavors of butter pecan and maple with just a touch of black walnut bitters. Chef Sabrina Pena-Morales influenced this special recipe at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel.
5. Orange Spice Amaretto: Mount Gay Black Barrel, Disaronno Amaretto, orange juice and a cookie butter syrup are shaken with Constant Comment orange spice tea. Chef Dean Sprague of the Texas’ Omni Corpus Christie came up with this recipe. Add a rich light cookie with salty almonds, paired with the spice of the pepper for an added depth of flavor.
6. Sparkling Kolaczki Bellini: This sparkling cocktail blends Absolut Elyx with a touch of elderflower liqueur, peach puree and orange bitters then topped with Moet & Chandon Brut. Add a small, delicate orange marmalade-type fruit roll-up to this one.
Thanks to the Omni Hotels & Resorts for these new ideas and when you’re ready to stay and celebrate any occasion (destination wedding, honeymoon, group, family getawway) with PJ at an Omni Resort (all-inclusive in Caribbean and Mexico locations) call 503-260-0557 to compare and book your perfect holiday or special occasion!
Sugar Cookie Video: https://youtu.be/eC0q3htyCAc
Wild Side Destinations
Destination Weddings.Travel & Special Events by PJ