It’s with passion we reveal these 5 luxurious eco-resorts for an ultimate romantic, unplugged, destination wedding or honeymoon getaway! Planning your special event, honeymoon, wedding or proposal, begins with “it’s never to early” because availability dictates who gets the bragging rights to stay and who doesn’t. With first-hand experience discovering these destinations, it’s with pride we watch them continue going green paired with glam at the same time! Make it an unforgettable honeymoon or anniversary. Propose to that someone special! Leaving a smaller footprint is an elevating experience. From escaping the rat race, thawing your buns to starting a new relationship, life is important, don’t settle for seconds. So, for your consideration, five of our favorite destinations!
1. Costa Rica, El Mangroove. Combine a virgin mangrove forest and a sandy beach, then smack dab in the middle, we offer you El Mangroove. We call it Bohemian – Chic! 17 acres and a certified hideaway for romance in the Golf of Papagayo. LEED*-certified hideaway, 85 suites with in-room hammocks and see-through showers with paneling made from local sugarcane. A sweeping outdoor pool, spa bungalows with private gardens, open-air massage decks and an all-inclusive meal and beverage option. With sustainable operation and design, community initiatives include English classes for local children, beach clean-up days and donating organic waste to a nonprofit pig-feeding project in nearby Playa Panama. (wedding photo above)
2. British Virgin Islands, Oil Nut Bay back from last year’s hurricane, on Virgin Gorda “in harmony with nature.” Arrive by boat or helicopter, a partner in legalizing solar power, and using renewable resources to run everything from air-conditioning, water heaters, “turtle friendly” public lighting, and desalination plants. Get around by bike or electric golf cart only, for your pleasure pool, spa, restaurants, and educational Nature Center. Multi-bedroom villas for couples and families coming this March! Wedding here have been published in Wedding Style Magazine!
3. Fiji, Malolo Island – paradise! Book starting next month, Six Senses Fiji brings signature eco-luxe style to Fiji. 2,100-feet of private golden sand beach, did I mention secluded?Disconnect with distractions including a Wellness Village, spa pampering treatments, make-your-own-products “alchemy bar,” and a treetop yoga pavilion! Get wet with snorkeling and surfing nearby reef breaks or stay dry with tennis. 24 suites and villas, our Fijian thatched roofs, private pools, and lots of outdoor lounging space. Extensive sustainable and conservation practices, extra-green touches like 100 percent solar energy powered by Fiji’s largest microgrid, using Tesla batteries. And then there’s our Six Senses Wedding Teams!
4. Panama, The Resort at Isla Palenque .. get your vacation dates confirmed. A Private Island Sanctuary! Opening June 2018, eight beach suites and six villas. You’ll never be crowded here! Arrive by boat, we include your transfers and three meals a day! Plus untouched beaches, wilderness trails, and shimmering ocean views. A remote and exotic feels, great for groups or a family getaway. Committed to pristine and wild, only 5% tamed, the rest is a nature reserve for you to find your Tarzan and Jane! Hikes, canopy tours, kayaking, bird watching treks, and fishing excursions. Explore and unexplore, say I DO with nature in the raw.
5. Belize, Itz’ana Resort & Residences-one of our original and favorites destinations from 23 years ago (our 10th Anniversary!) Yes, we practice what we preach! Born in adventure, refreshed by luxury! Pairing rainforest and reef, Itz’ana infuses sophisticated design (by NYC-based Samuel Amoia) with relaxed, tropical charm. Based on 3 pillars of sustainability: Nature Conservation with carbon-neutral villas and organic, farm-to-table cuisine; Health & Wellness for guests and community; and Arts & Heritage honoring Mayan traditions and art forms. A Belize region offering Mayan ruins, underwater caves, coral reefs, and the world’s only jaguar reserve. Toast to your future around their negative-edge pool.
Our pairing of romance and celebrations with luxury, adventure and our Tarzan and Jane, a little on the wild side culture are once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Other a’la carte options include all-inclusive, butlers, double jacuzzis, limo and private transfers, if you can dream it, we can make it real! Got your own twist for a wedding or honeymoon? We can’t wait to hear it!
* LEED: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
Pamela (PJ) Ott, Director of Romance
… a little on the wild side, always on your side!